APR 242 : Duct Fabrication/Design
Standard letter grades
Contact hours total
Introduction to duct design, different styles of duct design, and multilevel duct system design. Heat loss, heat gain calculations and instruction on use of duct calculators.
1. Student will read and interpret building plans and drawings.
2. Student will differentiate between several kinds of duct systems, while evaluation a given structure to derive the best application.
3. Student will utilize recognized standard building codes in duct design.
4. Student will apply theory as it relates to duct design.
5. Student will apply appropriate formulas to mathematical situations.