Beginning Graphic Design
Standard letter grades
Contact hours total
Introduces standard graphic design concepts and principles. Introduces functionality of industry standard graphic design software. Includes projects that use these applications for the purposes of rendering and designing various forms of digital output and print.
1. Analyze designs using industry-speciﬁc vocabulary.
2. Create design compositions that follow the elements of art and principles of design.
3. Use industry standard graphic design software.
4. Use typography as a technical element in design solutions.
5. Evaluate and contextualize historical and cultural traditions of design.
6. Use media-specific terminology to receive and provide feedback.
I. Industry- specific vocabulary
II. Type as a design element
III. Industry standard graphic design software
IV. Original designs and logos
V. Constructive critiques, receiving and giving
Students will need to provide specific materials used in this course, please see the syllabus for a detailed list.
Grading is based on assignment completion and participation in discussions and critiques of assignments.
General education/Related instruction lists