Beginning Graphic Design
Standard letter grades
Total contact hours
ART 141 or may be taken concurrently.
Introduces standard graphic design concepts and principles. Introduces functionality of industry standard graphic design software. Includes projects that use these applications for the purposes of layout for various forms of digital output and print. Repeatable for credit.
Course learning outcomes
1. Analyze designs using industry-speciﬁc vocabulary.
2. Create design compositions that follow the elements of art and principles of design.
3. Use industry standard graphic design software.
4. Apply best practice of digital files for organization and collaboration.
5. Use typography as a technical element in design solutions.
6. Use media-specific terminology to receive and provide feedback.
- Industry-specific vocabulary
- Type as a design element
- Industry-standard graphic design software
- Original designs and layouts
- Constructive critiques, receiving and giving feedback between instructor and classmates
Students will need to provide specific materials used in this course; please see the syllabus for a detailed list.
General education/Related instruction lists