ART 159C1 : Jewelry - Precious Metal Clay & Enameling I
Jewelry-PMC Enameling I
Standard letter grades
Contact hours total
Focuses on improving designs for fine silver precious metal clay. The fired projects will be enhanced with enamel to add color and then fired again to fuse the enamel.
1. Develop the skills necessary to make jewelry using fine silver Precious Metal Clay in a controlled manner using hand tools.
2. Develop skill with enamel applications using sifting and wet packing.
3. Develop skill fusing the enamel onto fine silver Precious Metal Clay in a kiln.
4. Learn to recognize and attain a high level of craftsmanship. Craftsmanship is the ability to attain a purposeful
finish on the front and back of the project - no blemishes, scratches, or other inappropriate marks.
5. Create refined and detailed designs, which exhibit a strong understanding of good design qualities.
6. Develop critical and creative thinking skills to 1) generate imaginative preliminary ideas; 2) design the ideas using innovative or exploratory thinking; 3) problem-solve while creating the project; and 4) suggest ways to improve the weaknesses in both their own design solutions and the solutions created by others in the class.