Metal Arts: Setting
Standard letter grades
Total contact hours
Explores the use of color in metalwork through stone selection and setting techniques. Repeatable for credit.
Course learning outcomes
1. Identify material qualities and capabilities for stone setting.
2. Use appropriate tools and techniques for setting stones.
3. Integrate solutions for common stone-setting issues.
4. Use media-specific terminology to receive and provide feedback.
- Stone color and selection
- Stone setting tools and techniques
- Problem solving for stone setting
- Constructive critique: receiving and giving feedback between instructor and classmates
Students will need to provide specific materials used in this course, please see the syllabus for a detailed list.