Standard letter grades
Contact hours total
Further explores visual problem solving, the process of illustration, rendering with traditional media, bitmap and vector software. Introduces markets: editorial and narrative illustration, and surface design. Focuses on developing illustrations in conjunction with type. Emphasizes professional presentation of work. May be repeated for credit.
1. Create editorial illustrations.
2. Create engaging narrative illustrations that incorporate the principles of design.
3. Create surface designs and patterns.
4. Apply advanced digital rendering techniques in bitmap and vector.
5. Use media-specific terminology to receive and provide feedback.
I. Editorial illustrations
II. Narrative illustrations
III. Surface designs/patterns
IV. Constructive critique, giving and receiving
Students will need to provide speciﬁc materials used in this course, please see the syllabus for a detailed list.
Grading is based on assignment completion and participation in discussions and critiques of assignments.
General education/Related instruction lists