Digital Illustration Narrative
Standard letter grades
Total contact hours
ART 141 and ART 142.
ART 115 and ART 116.
Explores visual communication, the process of narrative illustration, rendering with industry standard software. Introduces companion (book), sequential (graphic novel/comics), and editorial illustration. Focuses on developing illustrations in conjunction with written concepts. Emphasizes professional presentation of work. Repeatable for credit.
Course learning outcomes
1. Create engaging narrative illustrations that incorporate the principles of design.
2. Create companion illustrations.
3. Create editorial illustrations.
4. Apply advanced digital rendering techniques with industry standard software.
5. Use media-specific terminology to receive and provide feedback.
- Narrative illustrations
- Sequential Illustrations
- Editorial illustrations
- Constructive critique, giving and receiving feedback between instructor and classmates
Students will need to provide speciﬁc materials used in this course; please see the syllabus for a detailed list.
General education/Related instruction lists