Standard letter grades
Total contact hours
ART 141 and ART 142.
ART 240 and ART 241 or may be taken concurrently.
Provides advanced, individualized development in illustration. Develop a unique concept or narrative illustration project. Provides opportunity for in-depth concept, research, development, and final presentation of long term project. Repeatable for credit.
Course learning outcomes
1. Create a portfolio-quality illustration piece or series.
2. Write a concept statement for the project.
3. Prepare illustration for print and/or digital media display.
4. Use media-specific terminology when receiving and providing feedback.
- Concept and timeline for project illustration deliverables
- Project research, references, and strategy
- Present work in progress to class and instructor for feedback throughout the term
- Prepare finished project for presentation (concept statement, printing, formatting, displays, etc.) depending on illustration deliverables
- Final presentation of project to class
- Provide constructive critique to classmates
Students will need to provide speciﬁc materials used in this course; please see the syllabus for a detailed list.