AUT 102 : Automotive Electric I
Automotive Electric I
Standard letter grades
Contact hours total
Covers Automotive Electrical Skills. Introduces the testing, diassembly, and rebuilding of various electrical equipment. Troubleshooting and using various test equipment common to the Automotive trade will be stressed. Introduces the use of automotive scan tools for basic diagnostics. Introduces the use of intrusive and non-intrusive testing methods.
1. Describe and apply OHM's law as it applies to automotive electrical systems including current flow, voltage drops, and electrical resistance measurements.
2. Perform battery testing and service.
3. Perform service on automotive electrical system components.
4. Diagnosis problems of electrical components using a Scan Tool.
5. Demonstrate the use of an amperage clamp and digital multi-meter to determine circuit current draw on an active electrical circuit.
6. Diagnose problems of an isolated circuit using a Power Probe Tool.
7. Demonstrate proper and safe work habits and procedures when exposed to electrical circuits.