AUT 103 : Automotive Electric II
Automotive Electric II
Standard letter grades
Contact hours total
Studies disassembly, testing and rebuilding of various electrical equipment. Stresses troubleshooting and using various test equipment common to the automotive trade.
1. Describe electrical theories as applied to automotive ignition systems.
2. Describe the difference between a conductor, a nonconductor, and a semiconductor as used in automotive ignition systems
3. Demonstrate procedures for servicing automotive ignition electrical systems.
4. Demonstrate the use of oscilloscopes, multimeters, and scan tools to diagnose computerized automotive engine controls.
6. Identify and interpret the symbols of an electrical schematic for engine ignition systems.
7. Demonstrate proper and safe work habits and procedures when exposed to electrical circuits.