AUT 105 : Diesel Performance I
Diesel Performance I
Standard letter grades
Contact hours total
Introduces principles of diesel systems and basic diagnosis. Includes engine analysis, cooling and exhaust systems, fuel management systems and diesel engines.
1. Compare differences in diesel engine theory, gasoline engine theory, and turbocharging theory.
2. Perform testing on light duty diesel engine battery, starting systems , run/shutdown circuit operation, and glow plug/intake heater circuit operation.
3. Analyze diesel engine performance using exhaust temperature and compression testing.
4. Adjust the valves on diesel engine.
5. Describe light duty diesel engine cooling, lubrication and fuel system operation and maintenance.
6. Perform testing of traditional diesel engine injectors.
7. Describe and practice safety procedures while working on diesel engines.