AUT 111 : Computerized Engine Controls
Computerized Engine Controls
Standard letter grades
Contact hours total
Studies advanced electrical systems found on late-model vehicles. Provides solid understanding of computerized automotive engine control systems and how they operate and the ability to diagnose, troubleshoot and repair computerized engine control systems.
1. Perform a thorough pre-diagnostic engine inspection.
2. Analyze vehicle performance with the On Board Diagnostic Systems.
3. Measure parameters of all input and output devises used within a computerized engine control system.
4. Analyze, diagnose, and repair computer-controlled engine systems using frequency, pulse width, voltage, resistance, current, and duty cycle to interpret engine control systems in relationship to time; engine speed; and air temperature, pressure, and volume.
5. Demonstrate safety standards in all work within and automotive shop environment and specifically with computer controls.