AUT 113 : Basic Engine Performance II
Basic Engine Performance II
Standard letter grades
Contact hours total
Designed to continue the study and apply the theory presented in AUT 112 Basic Engine Performance I. Continues with the operation, diagnoses, and repair of the carburetion system as it was used in vehicles of the past.
1. Describe the theory and operation of automotive carburetor fuel systems.
2. Diagnose and repair problems related to carburetor fuel systems.
3. Perform the disassembly, cleaning, and assembly of a carburetor.
4. Perform adjustments to carburetor fuel systems, including idle mixture, idle speed, metering jets, and choke settings.
5. Describe and practice safety procedures while working on gasoline engines.