AUT 114 : Welding for the Automotive Trade
Welding for the Auto Trade
Standard letter grades
Contact hours total
Provides a basic understanding of the fundamental principles of automotive fabrication, including safety topics. Topics introduce students to focused areas that are required when replacing vehicle components that include a light level of fabrication. (A scheduled self-paced course).
1. Describe and demonstrate the safe cutting of metal with an Oxygen/Acetylene torch.
2. Describe and demonstrate the safe operation of flame welding sheet metal or tubing with mild steel or brazing rod.
3. Describe and demonstrate the safe operation of welding with a wire feed welder.
4. Describe and demonstrate the safe operation with a stick welder.
5. Demonstrate and identify welds commonly used in the automotive industry.
6. Describe and practice safety procedures while cutting and welding in an automotive shop environment.