AUT 201 : Automotive Engines
Standard letter grades
Contact hours total
Provides information on the construction, operation and design of the internal combustion engine. Teaches the concepts and procedures of engine work to cover the proper procedure in rebuilding a four-cycle internal combustion engine. Includes a combination of guided lecture and laboratory applications, stressing safety, accuracy of measure, proper usage of tools, and application of repair manuals through actual overhaul of engines.
1. Perform General Engine Diagnosis, disassembly, measurement, and reassembly.
2. Perform Cylinder Head and Valve Train Diagnosis and Repair.
3. Perform Engine Block Diagnosis and Repair.
4. Perform Lubrication and Cooling Systems Diagnosis and Repair.
5. Communicate technical information verbally and in writing.