Manual Drive Trains I
Standard letter grades
Total contact hours
AUT 101, AUT 106, AUT 107, AUT 110 and AUT 115.
MTH 060 or higher or minimum placement Math Level 10.
A self-paced course that studies standard transmissions and transaxles. Students will learn on college-owned components. The students will learn operating principles, diagnosis, construction, approved repair procedures, and overhaul of current transmission types on manual transmissions and transaxles.
Course learning outcomes
1. Describe components related to the automotive manual transmission and clutch systems.
2. Perform calculations of the manual transmission gear ratios.
3. Perform disassembly and assembly of manual transmission/transaxle units - off the vehicle.
4. Perform disassembly and assembly of clutch units using assigned bench models.
5. Communicate technical information verbally and in writing.
- Transmission/transaxle maintenance and adjustment
- Vehicle transmission/transaxle repair
- Vehicle clutch removal and re-installation
Requires textbook and special gear, see syllabus for details.