AUT 203 : Manual Drive Trains II
Manual Drive Trains II
Standard letter grades
Contact hours total
Second part of a manual transmission sequence. A study of standard transmission and the relationship to clutches, driveshafts, rear axle assembly, transaxle, shift controls and four-wheel drive components. Students will learn on college-owned components. The student will learn operating principles, diagnosis and approved repair procedures on manual transmissions and related power train components. Includes emphasis on diagnosis, service, and procedure to conform to current service manuals.
1. Describe components related to the automotive transfer case, drive axles / drive shafts, and differentials.
2. Perform driveshaft and universal joint/constant velocity joint diagnosis and repair.
3. Perform rear axle and differential diagnosis and repair.
4. Perform four-wheel drive component diagnosis and repair.
5. Communicate technical information verbally and in writing.