AUT 204 : Steering and Suspension
Steering and Suspension
Standard letter grades
Contact hours total
Designed to study and apply the theory, operation, diagnoses and repair of the modern suspension and steering systems.
1. Describe the theory and operation of suspension and steering systems used in both domestic and import vehicles.
2. Diagnose and repair problems related to the suspension, steering, and tire pressure systems (TPMS).
3. Describe the function of computer enhanced suspension and steering systems.
4. Describe the relationship between alignment angles.
5. Describe tire construction and perform mounting, dismounting, repairing, and balancing of tires.
6. Communicate technical information verbally and in writing.
7. Describe and practice safety procedures while working in an automotive shop environment.