AUT 208 : Automotive Brakes
Standard letter grades
Contact hours total
Studies the theory, operation, diagnosis and repair of the modern braking systems of both domestic and import vehicles. Includes an introduction to anti-lock brake systems.
1. Describe hydraulic and mechanical principals of disc and drum brake systems.
2. Describe the functions of the brake system components, including anti-lock systems.
3. Service , diagnose and repair automotive brake systems.
4. Communicate technical information verbally and in writing.
5. Describe and practice safety procedures while working in an automotive shop environment.