Standard letter grades
Contact hours total
AUT 101, AUT 106, AUT 107, AUT 110 and AUT 115.
or to be taken with
Studies the theory, operation, diagnosis and repair of the modern braking systems of both domestic and import vehicles. Includes an introduction to anti-lock brake systems.
1. Describe hydraulic and mechanical principals of disc and drum brake systems.
2. Describe the functions of the brake system components, including anti-lock systems.
3. Service , diagnose and repair automotive brake systems.
4. Communicate technical information verbally and in writing.
5. Describe and practice safety procedures while working in an automotive shop environment.
1. Brake System Components Performance
2. Machining Brake Drums and Rotors
3. Brake System Principles
4. Brake Hydraulic Systems
5. Hydraulic Valves and Switches
6. Brake Fluid and Lines
7. Brake Bleeding Methods and Procedures
8. Wheel Bearings and Service
9. Drum Brakes
10. Drum Brake Diagnosis and Service
11. Disc Brakes
12. Disc Brake Diagnosis and Service
13. Parking Brake Operation Diagnosis and Service
14. Power Brake Unit Operation and Service
15. ABS Components and Operation
Required textbook and special gear, see syllabus for details.