AUT 251 : Automatic Transmissions I
Automatic Transmissions I
Standard letter grades
Contact hours total
Provides an understanding of the basic principles and theory of planetary gear sets, torque converters and hydraulic controls as applied to automatic transmissions. Includes construction, operation and overhaul of current transmission types with emphasis on diagnosis, service and procedures to conform to current service manuals. A self-paced course.
1. Describe components used in an automotive automatic transmission.
2. Perform disassembly and assembly of automatic transmission/ transaxle units while off the vehicle.
3. Perform internal adjustments to transmissions, such as bands, clutch packs, linkages.
4. Perform air pressure checks to test the operation of servos and clutch packs prior to reassembly.
5. Communicate technical information verbally and in writing.
6. Describe and practice safety procedures while working in an automotive shop environment.