AUT 253 : Automotive Air Conditioning
Automotive Air Conditioning
Standard letter grades
Contact hours total
A hands-on study of automotive air conditioning and heating systems, concurrent with EPA Recovery Requirements for R-12, R-134a systems, diagnosis and service. A study of advanced electrical systems found on late-model vehicles.
1. Describe the operation of automotive air conditioning and heating systems.
2. Diagnose and repair various air conditioning and heating systems.
3. Apply specific safety practices while working on heating and air conditioning systems.
4. Perform recovery and handling of R-12, R-134a, and R1234yf refrigerants.
5. Perform a retrofit of a R-12 system to a R-134a system.
6. Communicate technical information verbally and in writing.
7. Describe and practice safety procedures while working in an automotive shop environment.