AUT 271 : Automotive Controller Systems II
Auto Controller Systems II
Standard letter grades
Contact hours total
Vehicle performance is enhanced by a variety of methods. This course examines various methods of performance enhancements of automotive drive systems with major emphasis on electronic programing. Manufacturer scan tools will be included with vehicle testing.
1. Describe vehicle performance before and after vehicle hardware and software modification.
2. Calculate volumetric efficiency of operational vehicles.
3. Perform On Board Diagnostics (OBD), analyze the results, and report the findings
4. Perform Vehicle Dynamometer Operation.
5. Describe and perform vehicle reprogramming for performance and emissions
6. Communicate technical information, verbally and in writing.
7. Describe and practice safety procedures while working in an automotive shop environment.