AV 210 : Instrument - Airplane
Instrument - Airplane
Standard letter grades
Contact hours total
AV 110 (or Private Pilot Certificate).
The instrument rating ground school prepares students for the FAA Instrument airman knowledge test and an FAA Instrument Rating. Includes an in-depth study of basic attitude instrument flying, IFR navigation systems and procedures, aircraft flight instruments, aviation weather, applicable FARs and the instrument charts required for IFR flight.
1. Develop the knowledge necessary to comprehend fundamental concepts of flight, solely by reference to flight instruments.
2. Demonstrate understanding of Federal Aviation Regulations pertaining to instrument flight.
3. Demonstrate understanding of the National Airspace System.
4. Apply instrument flight concepts to flight in instrument meteorological conditions.
5. Demonstrate the tasks of instrument flight planning.
6. Prepare for the FAA Instrument Knowledge Exam.
7. Academically prepare for the FAA Private Pilot ground evaluation.
IFR Flight Planning
Requires textbook and/or online learning materials.
This course is assessed through participation, exams, and a final exam.