Pvt Pilot I Airplane Flt Lab
Standard letter grades
Total contact hours
Instructor approval based on proof of valid Second Class (or higher) Medical Certificate.
Prerequisites with concurrency
Introduces fundamental flight skills and the practical application of aviation weather, performance, navigation, Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) regulations, flight planning, radio procedures, and human factors. Includes compliance with FAA flight hour and certification requirements.
Course learning outcomes
1. Perform basic private pilot flight maneuvers as defined by the Federal Aviation Administration Private Pilot Airplane Airman Certification Standards.
2. Apply normal operating procedures, operational limitations, emergency procedures, and regulations associated with the Federal Aviation Administration Airplane Airman Certification Standards.
3. Demonstrate aeronautical decision-making skills, (risk management, situational awareness, and single pilot resource management) using real-time flight scenarios.
- Flight maneuvers
- Systems operation
- Performance and limitations
Please see the entrance requirements in the program catalog page for associated course costs.
- Aviators headset
- Navigation kit
- Federal Aviation Regulations and Aeronautical Information Manual
- Federal Aviation Administration Private Pilot Airplane Airman Certification Standards