Pvt Pilot II Airplane Flt Lab
Standard letter grades
Total contact hours
Prerequisites with concurrency
AV 110, AV 222A (or FAA Private Pilot Certification), and Instructor approval based on proof of valid Second Class (or higher) Medical Certificate.
Develops fundamental flight skills and the practical application of aviation weather, performance, navigation, Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) regulations, flight planning, radio procedures, and human factors. Includes compliance with FAA flight hour and certification requirements.
Course learning outcomes
1. Perform basic private pilot flight maneuvers as defined by the Federal Aviation Administration Airplane Airman Certification Standards.
2. Practice aeronautical decision-making skills, (risk management, situational awareness, and single pilot resource management) using real-time flight scenarios.
3. Explain knowledge requirements associated with the Federal Aviation Administration Airplane Airman Certification Standards.
- Flight maneuvers
- Systems operation
- Performance and Limitations
Please see the entrance requirements in the program catalog page for associated course costs.
- Aviators headset
- Navigation kit
- Federal Aviation Regulations and Aeronautical Information Manual
- Federal Aviation Administration Private Pilot Airplane Airman Certification Standards