Comm Pilot I Airplane Flt Lab
Standard letter grades
Total contact hours
Prerequisites with concurrency
AV 110 (or Private Pilot Certificate), AV 222A, AV 222B, AV 222C, AV 210 (or Instrument Pilot Certificate), AV 222D, AV 222E and instructor approval based on proof of valid Second Class (or higher) Medical Certificate.
Develops commercial flight skills, including night flight, aviation physiology, advanced aerodynamics, aircraft performance, weight and balance, complex aircraft operations, advanced airplane systems, commercial operations and Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) regulations for commercial pilots and noncommercial flight operations. Includes compliance with FAA flight hour and certification requirements.
Course learning outcomes
1. Perform commercial pilot flight maneuvers as defined by the Federal Aviation Administration Airplane Airman Certification Standards.
2. Apply normal commercial operating procedures, operational limitations, emergency procedures, and regulations associated with the Federal Aviation Administration Airplane Airman Certification Standards.
3. Apply aeronautical decision-making skills (risk management, situational awareness, and single pilot resource management) to real-time flight scenarios.
- Flight maneuvers
- Systems operation
- Performance and limitations
Please see the entrance requirements in the program catalog page for associated course costs.
- Aviators headset
- Navigation kit
- Federal Aviation Regulations and Aeronautical Information Manual
- Federal Aviation Administration Private Pilot Airplane Airman Certification Standards