Comm/Multi Engine Airp Flt Lab
Standard letter grades
Total contact hours
Prerequisites with concurrency
AV 110, AV 222A, AV 222B, AV 222C (or Private Pilot Certificate), AV 210, AV 222D, AV 222E (or Instrument Certificate), AV 220, AV 222F, AV 222G (or Commercial Pilot Certificate), AV 250, AV 222I, AV 222J (or Certified Flight Instructor/Instrument Instructor Pilot Certificates) and instructor approval based on proof of valid Second Class (or higher) Medical Certificate.
Introduces fundamentals of multi-engine flight. Emphasizes engine failure, multi-engine aerodynamics, minimum controllable airspeed, propeller feathering, V-speeds, and flight planning, decision-making, human factors, and crew resource management. Includes compliance with Federal Aviation Administration flight hour and certification requirements.
Course learning outcomes
1. Perform multi-engine commercial pilot flight maneuvers as defined by the Federal Aviation Administration Airplane Airman Certification Standards to a multi-engine commercial pilot standard.
2. Summarize the Federal Aviation Administration Airplane Airman Certification Standards.
3. Apply aeronautical decision-making skills (risk management, situational awareness, and single pilot resource management) to real-time flight scenarios.
- Flight maneuvers
- Systems operation
- Performance and limitations
Please see the entrance requirements in the program catalog page for associated course costs.
- Aviators headset
- Navigation kit
- Federal Aviation Regulations and Aeronautical Information Manual
- Federal Aviation Administration Multi Engine Commercial Pilot Airplane Airman Certification Standards