CFI II Airplane Flt Lab
Standard letter grades
Total contact hours
Prerequisites with concurrency
AV 110, AV 222A, AV 222B, AV 222C (or Private Pilot Certificate), AV 210, AV 222D, AV 222E (or Instrument Certificate), AV 220, AV 222F, AV 222G (or Commercial Pilot Certificate), AV 222I and instructor approval based on proof of valid Second Class (or higher) Medical Certificate.
Develops and assesses instructional techniques of instrument ground and flight training, analysis of maneuvers, aircraft performance and federal aviation regulations applicable to instrument flight instructors. Includes compliance with Federal Aviation Administration flight hour and certification requirements.
Course learning outcomes
1. Perform certified flight instructor instrument flight maneuvers as defined by the Federal Aviation Administration Airplane Airman Certification Standards to a certified flight instructor instrument standard.
2. Teach ground training and practical flight training.
3. Apply aeronautical decision-making skills (risk risk management, situational awareness, and single pilot resource management) to real-time flight scenarios.
- Flight maneuvers
- Systems operation
- Performance and limitations
Please see the entrance requirements in the program catalog page for associated course costs.
- Aviators headset
- Navigation kit
- Federal Aviation Regulations and Aeronautical Information Manual
- Federal Aviation Administration Certified Flight Instructor - Instrument Pilot Airplane Airman Certification Standards