Pvt Pilot III Heli Flt Lab
Standard letter grades
Total contact hours
Prerequisites with concurrency
AV 115, AV 227A, AV 227B (or Private Pilot Helicopter Certificate), and Instructor approval based on proof of valid Second Class (or higher) Medical Certificate.
Assesses fundamental flight skills and the practical application of aviation weather, performance, navigation, Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) regulations, flight planning, radio procedures, and human factors. Includes compliance with FAA flight hour and certification requirements.
Course learning outcomes
1. Perform basic private pilot flight maneuvers as defined by the Federal Aviation Administration Private Pilot Helicopter Practical Test Standards.
2. Summarize Federal Aviation Administration Private Pilot Helicopter Practical Test Standards.
3. Demonstrate aeronautical decision-making skills (risk management, situational awareness, and single pilot resource management) using real-time flight scenarios.
- Flight maneuvers
- Systems operation
- Performance and limitations
Please see the entrance requirements in the program catalog page for associated course costs.
- Aviators headset
- Navigation kit
- Federal Aviation Regulations and Aeronautical Information Manual
- Federal Aviation Administration Private Pilot Helicopter Practical Test Standards