Comm Pilot II Heli Flt Lab
Standard letter grades
Total contact hours
Prerequisites with concurrency
AV 115, AV 227A, AV 227B, AV 227C (or Private Pilot Certificate), AV 215, AV 227D, AV 227E, AV 227F, AV 227N (or Instrument Pilot Certificate), AV 225, and instructor approval based on proof of valid Second Class (or higher) Medical Certificate.
Assesses commercial flight skills, including night flight, aviation physiology, advanced aerodynamics, aircraft performance, weight and balance, and regulations for commercial pilots and commercial flight operations. Includes compliance with Federal Aviation Administration flight hour and certification requirements.
Course learning outcomes
1. Perform commercial pilot flight maneuvers as defined by the Federal Aviation Administration Helicopter Commercial Pilot Practical Test Standards to a commercial helicopter pilot standard.
2. Summarize Federal Aviation Administration Helicopter Commercial Pilot Practical Test Standards to a commercial helicopter pilot standard.
3. Apply aeronautical decision-making skills (risk risk management, situational awareness, and single pilot resource management) to real-time flight scenarios.
- Flight maneuvers
- Systems operation
- Performance and limitations
Please see the entrance requirements in the program catalog page for associated course costs.
- Aviators headset
- Navigation kit
- Federal Aviation Regulations and Aeronautical Information Manual
- Federal Aviation Administration Helicopter Commercial Pilot Practical Test Standards