CFI I Helicopter Flt Lab
Standard letter grades
Total contact hours
Prerequisites with concurrency
AV 115, AV 227A, AV 227B, AV 227C (or Private Pilot Certificate), AV 215, AV 227D, AV 227E, AV 227N (or Instrument Pilot Certificate), AV 225, AV 227F, AV 227G, AV 227H (or Commercial Pilot Certificate), AV 255, and instructor approval based on proof of valid Second Class (or higher) Medical Certificate.
Develops and assesses instructional techniques of ground and flight training, analysis of maneuvers, aircraft performance, and federal aviation regulations applicable to flight instructors. Includes compliance with Federal Aviation Administration flight hour and certification requirements.
Course learning outcomes
1. Perform certified flight instructor flight maneuvers as defined by the Federal Aviation Administration Helicopter Pilot Practical Test Standards to a certified flight instructor standard.
2. Summarize Federal Aviation Administration Helicopter Commercial Pilot Practical Test Standards to a certified flight instructor standard.
3. Apply aeronautical decision-making skills (risk risk management, situational awareness, and single pilot resource management) to real-time flight scenarios.
- Flight maneuvers
- Systems operation
- Performance and limitations
Please see the entrance requirements in the program catalog page for associated course costs.
- Aviators headset
- Navigation kit
- Federal Aviation Regulations and Aeronautical Information Manual
- Federal Aviation Administration Certified Flight Instructor Helicopter Pilot Practical Test Standards