Inst Pilot III Heli Flt Lab
Standard letter grades
Total contact hours
Prerequisites with concurrency
AV 115, AV 227A, AV 227B, AV 227C (or Private Pilot Certificate), AV 215, AV 227D, AV 227E, and instructor approval based on proof of valid Second Class (or higher) Medical Certificate.
Develops and assesses the fundamental skills of instrument flight and flight aided through the use of night vision systems. Includes compliance with Federal Aviation Administration flight hour and certification or endorsement requirements.
Course learning outcomes
1. Perform instrument pilot flight maneuvers as defined by the Federal Aviation Administration Helicopter Instrument Pilot Practical Test Standards to a helicopter instrument pilot standard.
2. Summarize Federal Aviation Administration Helicopter Instrument Pilot Practical Test Standards to an instrument pilot standard.
3. Perform night flight maneuvers while aided with night-vision googles.
4. Apply aeronautical decision-making skills (risk risk management, situational awareness, and single pilot resource management) to real-time flight scenarios.
- Flight maneuvers
- Systems operation
- Performance and limitations
Please see the entrance requirements in the program catalog page for associated course costs.
- Aviators headset
- Navigation kit
- Federal Aviation Regulations and Aeronautical Information Manual
- Federal Aviation Administration Helicopter Instrument Pilot Practical Test Standards