AV 246 : Aviation Safety
Standard letter grades
Contact hours total
A detailed introduction into aspects of aviation safety, intended to promote flight safety in the general aviation and training environment. Topics include risk management, pilot psychology, human factors, accident trends, analysis of accident reports, and safety survival.
1. Familiarize student with turbine aircraft and flight manual.
2. Maintain a continued growth in the helicopter industry with knowledge.
3. Learn the procedure of weather patterns in mountainous terrain.
4. Understand the importance of NVG training.
5. Learn the practical use of flying with an external load attached to the helicopter.
Aeronautical Decision Making
Controlled Flight Into Terrain (CFIT)
Flight Instruction Safety
Safety Management Systems/ Accident Investigation
Requires textbook and/or online learning materials.
This course is assessed through a non-fiction book report, weekly exams, and a final exam.