BA 224 : Human Resources Management
Human Resources Management
Standard letter grades
Contact hours total
Covers principles and techniques of human resources management. Includes the following topics: hiring practices, orientation, training, job enrichment, motivation, and performance and review. Covers wage policies, benefits programs and how to comply with a myriad of legal requirements.
1. Explain the federal and state laws that govern employment.
2. Describe factors and the process in forecasting human resource needs.
3. Write a job analysis, description and specification.
4. Describe job design including its relevance to employee motivation and well-being.
5. Develop a plan to recruit select, orient, train, evaluate and compensation employees within the legal guidelines.
6. Understand the differences of diversity management, equal employment opportunity and affirmative action.
7. Understand the different forms of harassment and how employees and managers should respond to harassment complaints.
8. Describe the labor relations impact and laws for the workplace.
9. Explain basic workplace health and safety issues, (OSHA).
HR and Strategic Role
Role of HRM in Business
Legal Regulatory Environment
Job Design Job Analysis
Analyzing Work and HR Planning
Sourcing and Recruiting
Selection and Hiring
Engagement and Turnover
Creating High Performance HR Systems
This course is assessed through homework, midterm final exams and in-class activities.