BA 229 : QuickBooks
Standard letter grades
Contact hours total
Introduces students to QuickBooks accounting software. It is designed to give students the basic skills to effectively use QuickBooks and to reinforce the concepts students learned in their first accounting course. Students will get hands-on experience using the software, including recording a variety of accounting transactions and creating financial statements and other financial reports useful in making business decisions.
1. Set-up a business’ accounting system including customers, vendors, employees
2. Record daily accounting transactions including sales and purchases
3. Record equity and debt financing activities
4. Record adjusting entries including accrued expenses and accrued revenues
5. Create a balance sheet and modify its presentation
6. Create an income statement and modify its presentation
7. Create a statement of cash flow and modify its presentation
8. Investigate detail for various financial statements and other reports
9. Create comparative financial statements
10. Create various other accounting reports and modify their presentations
11. Record payroll transactions
12. Create reports designed specifically to evaluation a company’s performance and financial position
13. Prepare bank reconciliations
14. Print reports, reconciliations, and checks.
New Company Setup
Required textbook and online access.
This course is assessed through homework, midterm final exam, and a final project.