Business Human Relations
Standard letter grades
Contact hours total
Explores the theory and practice of interactions between people in the workplace. Examines individual perceptions and effective communications between diverse individuals to create collaborative work environments, build effective teams, and achieve organizational goals.
1. Describe elements of personal identity such as self-concept, values, and attitude.
2. Recognize individual perceptions and their impact on human relations.
3. Apply the communication process and essential communication skills (including listening, feedback, and conflict resolution) to workplace scenarios.
4. Describe the advantages that diverse co-workers and customers bring to an organization.
5. Demonstrate techniques to create a respectful and inclusive organizational environment.
6. Evaluate effective team leadership and team participation skills.
7. Analyze common workplace issues, such as resistance to change and reactions to stress, and the impact of such issues on the people in an organization.
• Self-Concept and Self-Esteem
• Self-Awareness and Self-Disclosure
• Attitudes and Values
• Communication Process
• Human Relations in a World of Diversity
• Interactions in Groups and Teams
• Individual and Organizational Change
• Conflict Management
• Stress Management
• Internal and External Customers
• Business Ethics and Social Responsibility
This course is assessed through homework, in-class activities, a term paper, and exams.
General education/Related instruction lists