BAK 215 : Laminated Dough and Viennoiserie
Laminated Dough Viennoiserie
Standard letter grades
Contact hours total
Learn the basic principles of laminated dough and the art of viennoiserie. Prepare European and American enriched yeasted doughs including classic and contemporary varieties of brioche, croissants, Danish, yeasted coffee cakes, doughnuts and sweet rolls. Learn ingredient selection, product identification, retail merchandising, formulation, shaping, proofing, and baking quality laminated products.
1. Identify and define European and American laminated rich, yeasted raised doughs and pastry.
2. Demonstrate consistent and proper technique while creating a variety of European and American laminated rich yeasted raised doughs and pastry.
3. Identify and apply ingredient ratios to laminated dough.
4. Select and prepare proper garnishes and fillings for a variety of rich yeasted raised doughs.
5. Apply creative techniques to a variety of rich yeasted raised doughs.
6. Understand and apply efficient production techniques for a profit centered business.
Mixing, baking, shaping
Rich doughs: Cinnamon Rolls / Sticky Buns / Muffins
Rich doughs: Brioche / Coffee Cakes
Fried breakfast pastries: Cake Doughnuts
Fried breakfast pastries: Yeasted Doughnuts
Laminated dough: Puff Pastry -- Sweet and Savory
Laminated dough: Inverse Puff Pastry
Laminated dough: Croissants
Laminated dough: Danish
Requires textbook and baking and pastry tool kit available at the COCC Bookstore.
Grades will be determined by daily competency based applied learning activities, midterm, and final exams.