Classical French Pastries
Standard letter grades
Contact hours total
CUL 140 or BAK 140.
Produce a variety of classical and modern French cakes or “entremets.” Decorate using printed logos, chocolate, and sugar. Utilize updated methods of traditional French recipes using fresh ingredients. Prepare classic French tarts, practicing different types of crusts, doughs, and fillings.
1. Produce a wide variety of classic and modern French cakes, or “entremets” while demonstrating techniques suitable for large-scale productions, using the latest assembling techniques and cost-effective production methods
2. Highlight their cakes with decorations they create themselves, such as silk screens, printed logos, and chocolate and sugar decorations
3. Demonstrate proficiency in using updated methods of traditional French recipes, maintaining high quality by using fresh ingredients
4. Make a variety of French cakes having multiple taste and texture profiles
5. Make a variety of French tarts demonstrating different types of crusts, doughs, and fillings