Baking Industry Internship
Pass/No Pass grades
Total contact hours
Provides supervised work experience designed to expand career knowledge and experiential confidence while increasing knowledge, speed, timing, organization and the ability to execute industry skills repetitively. Includes a diverse work experience designed on a systematic rotation of different stations in the kitchen, dining room, and general operations positions.
Course learning outcomes
1. Demonstrate proficiency in synthesizing the process of classical and contemporary baking techniques.
2. Demonstrate a comprehension of flavor profiling, ingredient selection, nutrition, and presentation principles.
3. Demonstrate proficiency in the use of baking industry-specific equipment.
4. Apply diligent food and beverage management, leadership, customer service, and interpersonal skills.
4. Identify and apply rigorous food safety and sanitation practices.
5. Demonstrate basic measuring, conversion, food costing, and yield management practices.
6. Demonstrate proficiency in the use of baking industry-specific communication.
• Ingredient selection
Determined by the site location.