BI 101 : General Biology: Cells & Genes
General Biology: Cells Genes
Standard letter grades
Contact hours total
Designed to fulfill general education requirements, this course is intended for non-major students whose program requires biology courses. Centers on concepts of unity of living organisms including evolution, biochemistry, cell biology genetics and development. Need not be taken in sequence. Lab meets first week of classes.
1. Recognize scientific hypotheses and assess the scientific validity of biological explanations.
2. Generate logical interpretations and conclusions from graphs, models, and data of scientific research.
3. Analyze the scientific evidence for the explanations of the origin of life.
4. Model the processes of cell respiration and photosynthesis.
5. Apply an understanding of the cell cycle to cellular abnormalities such as cancer.
6. Explain the mechanisms for new genetic information
7. Using Mendelian principles, predict genetic inheritance patterns.
8. Describe gene expression and regulation.
General education/Related instruction lists
- Discipline Studies/Science Lab