Essentials of Human Biology
Standard letter grades
Contact hours total
Introductory human biology course covering structure and function of the body. Topics include relevant terminology, selected anatomical structures, normal function of human body systems, as well as the impact of selected pathological processes and age. Designed for Allied Health programs.
1. Recognize anatomical language including those related to directional terms and regions.
2. Identify anatomical descriptions and fundamental body structures.
3. Identify anatomy of selected organs in body systems (identification and location).
4. Determine the functional role of each body system.
5. Recognize effects of selected pathological processes and age on body systems.
Content will include introductions to:
Anatomic Descriptions and Fundamental Body Structures
Textbook is required. Regular internet access and access to a functioning computer are required for this course when it is taught online.
Grades will be determined by assignments, activities, quizzes, and/or exams.