Human Anatomy Physiology II
Standard letter grades
Total contact hours
Continuation of examination of the structure and function of the human body utilizing a systems approach with an emphasis on anatomical and physiological relationships between nervous, endocrine and cardiovascular systems. Concurrent labs include hands-on dissections of a variety of tissues, organs, fetal pigs and/or cats. For students in pre-nursing and other pre-professional health programs. This course includes animal dissection and cadaver observation.
Course learning outcomes
1. Explain the structures and functions of normal body systems.
2. Use appropriate terminology to effectively communicate information related to anatomy and physiology.
3. Recognize and explain the interrelationships between and within physiological systems of the human body.
4. Approach and examine issues related to anatomy and physiology from an evidence-based perspective.
5. Access, evaluate, and use resources to stay current in emerging knowledge about the human body.
6. Make a connection between anatomy and physiology knowledge and practical applications.
General education/Related instruction lists