CHN 102 : Mandarin Chinese II
Mandarin Chinese II
Standard letter grades
Contact hours total
Introduces Mandarin Chinese language presented within the context of Chinese culture. Second course of a three-course sequence. Develops fundamental language skills (listening, speaking, reading, and writing) in communicative context.
1. Recognize commonly used or simple words, phrases and expressions when spoken.
2. Speak about simple topics and present simple information about yourself.
3. Read simple words and phrases (characters).
4. Write simple words and phrases using Chinese characters.
• Tones and rhythm
• Sentence structure rules
• Conjunctions words (i.e. because, but)
• Introductions and descriptions of yourself
• Questions patterns (who/when/where/which/whose)
• Numbers, time
Materials for this class are generated by the instructor for class handouts.
Grades will be determined by weekly quizzes and homework assignments, in-class oral and written presentations, and an oral and written final exam.