CHN 140 : Contemporary Chinese Cultures
Contemporary Chinese Cultures
Standard letter grades
Contact hours total
Provides overviews of the dynamic ideologies, political policies, economics, geography, social structures, mass media presentations, and arts and literature, since the formation of the People’s Republic of China in 1949 to the present. No background in Chinese languages is required.
1. Identify a variety of Chinese practices, values, and beliefs and their cultural and historical origins.
2. Describe the primary cultural challenges faced by contemporary China.
3. Examine critically contemporary issues in China using multidisciplinary approaches.
4. Analyze the cultural dynamics of contemporary China in a global context, articulating how personal views have evolved.
General education/Related instruction lists
- Discipline Studies/Social Science
- Discipline Studies/Cultural Literacy