CHN 141 : Chinese Culture Through Film
Chinese Culture Through Film
Standard letter grades
Contact hours total
Introduction to the history, politics, society and economy of China through viewing and analyzing cinema. Examines how traditional Asian visual arts and centuries-old cultural tradition influenced filmmakers. No background in Chinese languages is required.
1. Recognize and describe basic conceptions of Chinese traditional cultures and major events in modern Chinese History.
2. Demonstrate an understanding of the nature of Chinese Culture (history, economic practices, politics and social values) through comparison of Chinese Culture and their own.
3. Practice and enhance their critical thinking and collaborative learning skills.
4. Explain the diversity of cultures, and interpret own cultural identity in the global context.
General education/Related instruction lists
- Discipline Studies/Arts and Letters
- Discipline Studies/Cultural Literacy