CIS 070 : Introduction to Computers: Windows
Intro to Computers: Windows
Pass/No Pass grades
Contact hours total
Gain confidence in the use of personal computers and the Windows operating system. Topics include fundamental computer terminology, introductory use of a graphic user interface including mouse usage, windows, menus, icons and dialog boxes. Also includes file management and an introduction to word processing, Web browsing and email. P/NP grading.
1. Identify and manipulate key elements of the Windows interface.
2. Use the web effectively to find information and complete work.
3. Demonstrate mastery of communication systems, including email.
4. Organize files and folders within Windows and cloud storage.
5. Create documents while utilizing the most common word processing features.
• Windows interface
• Customize windows appearance and settings
• Navigate the web and use web browsers
• Email and features
• Online accounts
• Productivity apps
• Media files
• Word processing
• File management and organization
• Safe computer usage
Internet access for learning resources is required.
Students will be assessed (graded) using a mixture of quizzes, assignments, and application-based exams.