Introduction to Programming
Standard letter grades
Total contact hours
CIS 120 or CIS 124.
Introduction to computer programming for those with little or no programming experience. Provides a strong, fundamental understanding of programming. Introduces students to elementary programming concepts of algorithm design, control structures, and user interface. Students will use the basic constructs of programming including constants, variables, expressions and control structures for sequential, iterative and decision processing to solve a variety of problems.
Course learning outcomes
1. Analyze small programs and determine their behavior.
2. Construct small programs to accomplish a wide variety of simple tasks.
3. Create and utilize basic objects.
4. Apply fundamental software engineering practices when writing code that utilizes structured programming concepts.
• Program behaviors
• Constructing programs
• Structured programming concepts
Students will need regular and reliable access to the Internet.
General education/Related instruction lists