CIS 122 : Introduction to Programming
Introduction to Programming
Standard letter grades
Contact hours total
Introduction to computer programming for those with little or no programming experience. Provides a strong, fundamental understanding of programming. Introduces students to elementary programming concepts of algorithm design, control structures, and user interface. Students will use the basic constructs of programming including constants, variables, expressions and control structures for sequential, iterative and decision processing to solve a variety of problems.
1. Analyze small programs and determine their behavior.
2. Construct small programs to accomplish a wide variety of simple tasks.
3. Create and utilize basic objects.
4. Apply fundamental software engineering practices when writing code that utilizes structured programming concepts.
- program behaviors
- constructing programs
- structured programming concepts
Students will need regular and reliable access to the Internet.
This course uses a variety of class projects and exams to assess understanding and ability to work with small programs.