CIS 125A : Access
Standard letter grades
Contact hours total
Introduction to the most popular desktop database software, Microsoft Access. This course will help students prepare for the latest Microsoft Office certification for Access (#77-885) which helps students validate the skills industries require. The course teaches users how to create and modify database tables, forms, queries and reports. The focus is on optimizing the databases for efficient data entry and generating comprehensive reports. Database design issues are discussed but not emphasized in this course.
1. Course outcomes for CIS 125A correspond to the Microsoft certification for Access (#77-424)
2. Manage the Access Environment: organize objects, filter data, find and replace data.
3. Build tables for a database: import data, create fields, set data types, and establish relationships.
4. Build forms to manage data entry and editing.
5. Create and manage queries.
6. Design database reports.