CIS 125A1 : AutoCAD 1
Standard letter grades
Contact hours total
First course in a two-term sequence introducing AutoCAD software as a drafting tool. Includes file handling, basic command function, drafting techniques, presentation and plotting. Uses architectural and mechanical applications in lab exercises to demonstrate AutoCAD commands. Work will be completed with AutoCAD.
1. Identify and use drafting standards outlined by the American National Standards Institute.
2. Use Architectural, Engineering, and Metric scales for scaling and measurement.
3. Access AutoCAD commands using various software interfaces including Ribbons, Pull-Down Menus, Keyboard Commands and Function Keys.
4. Set up and preserve drafting standards in templates.
5. Proficiently use AutoCAD commands to draw and manage geometrical objects according to recognized standards.
6. Demonstrate and use coordinate entry including Direct Distance entry, Absolute and Relative Cartesian Coordinate entry and relative Polar Coordinate entry.
7. Effectively use Model Space and Layout Tabs for drawing and display.
8. Plot/Print from Layout Tabs.
- ANSI drafting standards
- scaling and measurement
- AutoCAD commands
- geometrical objects
- coordinate entry methods
- Model Space and Layout
- Plotting and printing
Students will need regular and reliable access to AutoCAD
The course letter grade is determined by an accumulation of points from quizzes, assignments, and exams.