CIS 125E : Excel
Standard letter grades
Contact hours total
Covers intermediate and advanced features of Excel 2010 such as lists, pivot tables, working with multiple worksheets, templates, what-if-analysis, data tables, advanced formulas and functions, goal seek, solver, consolidating and importing data. Students will apply these Excel features to create and revise business worksheets.
1. Enter different types of data into Excel and use appropriate formatting features to create a professional looking spreadsheets.
2. Appropriately use basic formulas and functions in Excel to solve common business problems.
3. Evaluate data in Excel using logical and lookup functions.
4. Present business related information in an easy to understand format using the Excel charting tools.
5. Use advanced functions to develop sophisticated spreadsheets for making business decisions.
6. Manage large volumes of data using filters and pivot tables.
7. Conduct “What if" analysis using various features of Excel and conduct advanced statistical computations.
8. Import external data form text files and databases.
- worksheet formatting
- functions and formulas
- pivot charts/tables
- data management
Access to Microsoft Office.
Course grade is determined by an accumulation of points from quizzes, assignments, and exams.