CIS 131 : Software Applications
Standard letter grades
Contact hours total
Explore features and techniques of both Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel, focusing on skills that are common to IT and business users. Practice skills to prepare for the Microsoft Office Certification.
1. Create and manage documents and page settings in Word.
2. Format text, paragraphs, and document sections in Word.
3. Create and format both tables and lists in Word.
4. Create and manage document references, citations, and biblioagraphies in Word.
5. Insert and format graphic elements in both Word and Excel.
6. Create and manage Excel worksheets and workbooks.
7. Manage and style both data cells and ranges in Excel.
8. Create and format tables in Excel.
9. Perform operations with formulas and functions in Excel.
10. Create charts and objects in Excel, and share those objects in Word.
- Word Documents
- Formatting text, paragraphs, and sections in Word
- Working with tables and lists in Word
- Creating and using references and citations in Word
- Adding and formatting graphics and images to Word documents
- Excel workbooks and worksheets
- Adding data to Excel and formatting cells and sheets
- Creating tables in Excel, and formatting/filtering content
- Using formulas and functions in Excel
- Creating and customizing different charts and graphs in Excel
Students will need access to a reliable computer with Internet access. Students will also need recent versions of Microsoft Office--available to students via their school account.
The final grade for this course will be computed using a weighted average of different course activities: assignments, simulations, quizzes, labs, and exams.