A+ Essentials II
Standard letter grades
Total contact hours
CIS 120 or CIS 124.
Prepares students with the skills and knowledge associated with the CompTIAs A+ 220-902 outcomes. Covers the skills required to install and configure PC operating systems, as well as configuring common features (e.g. network connectivity and email) for mobile operating systems Android and Apple iOS. CIS 140 and CIS 145 utilize one textbook. To become A+ certified requires you to pass both certification exams.
Course learning outcomes
1. Compare and contrast various features and requirements of Microsoft Windows operating system versions.
2. Perform common preventative maintenance procedures using the appropriate Windows operating system tools.
3. Identify common features and functionality of the MacOS and Linux operating systems.
4. Install and configure basic mobile device network connectivity and email.
5. Troubleshoot personal computer operating system problems with appropriate tools.
6. Troubleshoot common mobile operating systems and application issues with appropriate tools.
7. Summarize the process of addressing prohibited content/activity, and explain privacy, licensing and policy concepts.
8. Demonstrate proper communication techniques and professionalism.
- Features of the Microsoft OS
- Preventative maintenance
- Features of the Mac and Linux OS environments
- Mobile devices
- Troubleshooting PCs
- Troubleshooting mobile devices
- Security and privacy
- Communication and professionalism
Students will need regular and reliable access to the Internet. Shares a textbook with CIS 140.